Thursday, June 18, 2009

Show Us Your House Friday--Laundry Rooms and Playrooms!


It's that time of week again and we are onto a combination of laundry/play/bonus rooms. I consider my loft my bonus room, but I already showed you that because it's my office. So that leaves the laundry room and Jordan's playroom (and a room I want to scrapbook in if I EVER find time).

First, we have the laundry room. I remember when I was looking at models of this townhouse and this one was being built, I fell in love with this room because in the past I either had a basement where the washer/dryer was or just a corner in the house OR just a laundromat. So when I knew I was gonna have a room fully dedicated to my laundry, I was so excited.



A lot of counter and cabinet space, which I love.






This sink is very sentimental to me because Jordan took his baths in here from the day I brought him home from hospital till he was two and a half. When he couldn't straighten his legs out in the sink anymore that's when I knew it was time to upgrade. ;) It really is a huge deep sink though and it served many purposes.



For Memory Lane's sake, here he is in the tub at different ages.







Now, for his playroom/guestroom


This is basically his playroom and a room where he does a lot of arts and crafts. I would like to one day use this table and great space for some scrapbooking but we'll see when that happens. I also have a nice futon in here that is actually really comfortable (right Debbie?) so this room is where my guests can stay.


Jordan loves Thomas the train and he loves this train table. Things are all in pieces right now but we usually spend an hour or so making an awesome track for Thomas and his friends to ride. This table is great and has two compartments on each end to store toys.


A table to do coloring and stuff on. Great for play dough time!



Comfy Futon and one of his favorite toys, his spiderman scooter. Loves spiderman but has never watched his movie or cartoon. Weird.



Alphabet mat. It's great and he has learned most of his letters from this mat.
Well, thanks for stopping by!! It's not much, but it's mine! :)


7 comments:

Nancy Hood said...

What a happy playroom, sweet young man, and an enviable laundry!! Thanks for sharing!

Janet said...

Sarah, I LOVE that laundry room. That is a dream of mine to have a laundry room someday instead of a laundry closet!! Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love the laundry room. Wow!

Katie said...

I am so in love with your laundry room! Ahhhh someday. Seriously it's freakin awesome.

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

What a lovely laundry room, and I just love the bath photos!!! I always liked bathing my kiddos in the sink too!

Kelli said...

Love that laundry room and sink. I use the same shampoo!

Jen said...

Oh my, I thought the laundry room was your kitchen at first! Aye karumba you are a lucky girl, I'm feeling rather jealous of you right now. :) We would LOVE to get together! How about Friday?! We could bring a picnic to the park, my kids have been dying to have a picnic ever since we bought this cool picnic/cooler bag at Costco in April! K, let me know!